The Space Coast Community Law School offers FREE legal seminars to the public on a variety of topics. Our goal is to offer a valuable educational community service to people who may have a need, interest, or just want to learn more about the law. The seminars are presented by local judges and attorneys and address general legal concepts. We meet in the spring and fall of each year on 8 consecutive Thursday evenings. The seminars are in an informal setting and general questions are welcome. There are no tests or quizzes to worry about and everyone is invited to attend. Please check our schedule for upcoming topics. We do require pre-registration since space is limited. Please click here to register.
The Spring term seminars are held at the Moore Justice Center in Viera at 2825 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, in the Jury Assembly Room. We meet Thursday evenings from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
The Space Coast Community Law School team includes Brigitta Hawkins, Esq. (founder and moderator), Kristen Smith-Rodriguez, Esq., and Elizabeth Kling.
We would like to highlight and thank the following sponsors that help make the Space Coast Community Law School possible:
- Brevard County Bar Foundation provides for general funding of the program.
- The Law Firm of Telfer, Faherty, Anderson & Hawkins, P.L. provides all of our copying and administrative support.
- Cooper Chiropractic made a monetary donation.
- Brevard County Legal Aid offers pro-bono credit to presenters
- AVET Preject and American Warrior Radio helps with the promotion.
- WMEL 1300 John Harper is a great supporter helping with promotion.
- Florida Today Newspaper provides free advertising.
- The Florida Design Group provides assistance with the design and hosting of our website.
Please be advised that advertising of services is not permitted in the seminars and no attorney client relationships are formed. The seminars are for informational purposes only and no specific legal advice is provided in any way. We recommend you hire an attorney for any specific issues you may encounter.
Please understand that at some time, our schedule changes due to unforeseen circumstance, thus we advise you check the website schedule frequently.